Earth Hour City Challenge
- What is EHCC?
- How did EHCC start?
30 Swedish cities were first challenged in 2011 to present inspiring and credible plans to reduce their carbon footprints to zero within the next few decades, and to positively impact the world with their solutions.
- How to win EHCC?
- Who won EHCC in previous years?
- Who is participating EHCC 2016?
Thái Minh Bảo (Mr.)
Senior Project Officer - Low Carbon Project
Tel: 84(54) 388 7341 Ext: 106
Fax: 84(54) 388 7323
HUE - Vietnam's first city joining the City Challenge
- Promoting sustainable urban tourism in Hue city with a focus on the development of garden house tours,
- Applying smart and highly efficient public lighting system,
- Using non-baked building materials for constructions, public and private/household facilities,
- Strengthening green area for the city by planting more and more trees,
- Improving monitoring and treatment of wastewater and solid waste,
- Promoting the use of renewable energy in the city's tourism activities.
The campaign aims at:
- Inspiring and raising awareness for the sustainability progress being made in cities,
- Giving the general public an opportunity to celebrate, vote and upgrade their city through making suggestions to decision makers,
- Rewarding communities and strengthening the bond between the public and decision makers.
The voting 2016 will last six weeks, starting on 26 April 2016 on www.welovecities.org
HUE - OUR BELOVED GREEN CITY
Local authorities and community commit fully to an environmentally friendly, green and sustainable development in line with the fight against climate change and global warming.