Posted on 15 October 2019
Highlights of WWF-Viet Nam's works with corporate sector in 2019
The challenges that the global environment is facing today are too big, too interconnected and too urgent for any one organisation to solve alone.
Therefore, WWF-Viet Nam seeks to work with those who have the greatest potential to reduce the most pressing threats to the diversity of Vietnam’s nature, and together find solutions to conservation challenges such as deforestation, over-fishing, water scarcity and climate change.
Businesses drive much of the economy, and have the power to demonstrate their social responsibility by ensuring that Vietnam’s natural resources and ecosystems, which underpin their businesses, are used sustainably. Business is also primed to lead on rapid adaptation and on the innovative solutions needed to drive change.
By working with businesses, WWF-Viet Nam aims to change behaviour and drive conservation results that would not be possible otherwise. More specifically, our work with businesses in Vietnam aspires to do this by:
- promoting better production and responsible sourcing of raw materials that otherwise drive deforestation or unsustainable use of water;
- raising awareness of the need to consume more wisely;
- protecting some of the world’s most ecologically important places;
- supporting the equitable sharing of natural resources;
- encouraging a switch away from fossil fuels to 100% renewable energy;
- engaging jointly on public policy; and
- redirecting financial flows to support conservation and sustainable ecosystem management.