Posted on 25 January 2022
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and Finance to Advocacy and Conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
About WWF-Viet Nam
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/.
WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated, and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position of Chief Operating Officer (COO), WWF-Viet Nam, based in Ha Noi, Viet Nam
- As a member of the Country Management Team (CMT), the COO supports the CEO by leading the Operations team to fulfil the Mission and Objectives of WWF International and WWF-Viet Nam.
- The COO will ensure strategic leadership together with the Heads of Operations for engagement with rest of WWF-Viet Nam Country Management Team.
- With the CEO, the COO will facilitate strong collaboration, learning and communications within WWF as well as with the rest of the WWF network to ensure a strong and credible WWF-Viet Nam Country Office.
How to apply:
- An advanced degree in management, business administration, international development, relevant fields or equivalent experience;
- At least 10 years professional experience in a leadership role, with demonstrated success in managing teams and office operations as well as boards, corporate engagement and relationship management, and managing complex budgets;
- Proven knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organizations, governance and regulatory compliance;
- High level negotiation as well as interpersonal and influencing skills and the capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships within WWF and across the WWF Network and in the business and not-for-profit communities;
- Excellent conflict management and work well under pressure;
- Proven leadership skills with excellent capacity to manage human and financial resources;
- Ability to inspire and motivate staff and external partners;
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating strategic plans;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and native language
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
The deadline is Feb 9, 2022
- The detailed JD is attached to this post. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
- Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: COO - Full name.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”