Posted on 01 June 2021
Locations: Thua Thien Hue, Quang Tri province, Quang Nam, Cat Tien, and Da Lat
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
About WWF-Viet Nam
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Vietnam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF.
We are looking for 07 Protected Areas and Law Enforcement Officers for the USAID Biodiversity Conservation Program:
The Protected Areas and Law Enforcement Officer (SA2/3 Officer) reports to the SA 2/3 Manager and is responsible for implementing, monitoring and analyzing activities of SA2/3 in the geographic area he/she is assigned to. The major functions of the position relate to the activity areas of the two strategic approaches:
- 01 based in Thua Thien Hue
- 01 based in Quang Tri province
- 03 based in Quang Nam
- 01 based in Cat Tien
- 01 based in Da Lat
Key requirements for the role:
- Strategic Approach 2 (SA2): Strengthen management of special use and protection forests in project provinces.
- Strategic Approach 3 (SA3): Improve law enforcement, increase its functionality and increase public participation in wildlife crime reporting.
How to apply
The detailed terms of references are attached to this article. Send us your cover letter, curriculum vitae in English,
- Graduate degree or higher in natural resources management, conservation, biology, forestry, environmental management, or related fields.
- More than 3-year working experience in conservation, natural resources management or forestry in Vietnam.
- Experience with capacity building and natural resources governance.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging;
naming the files Full name - SA2/3 Officer, and scan/photo of relevant diplomas/certificates to email@example.com stating in the subject line: SA2/3 Officer – Full name
The deadline is June 15th, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce."