Posted on 02 July 2021
Tender ref: 70.21
The Carbon and Biodiversity Project phase II (CarBi II) is implemented by WWF through KfW, and part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) supports this initiative on the basis of a decision adopted by the German Bundestag. This is one of the priority conservation programmes in the Central Annamites Landscape (CAL), which holds one of the biggest contiguous natural forests in continental Asia, constituting a reservoir of rich and unique biodiversity.
II. Aim of consultancy
To equip project staff, key government partners and CarBi II project beneficiaries at village level with proper and sufficient knowledge and skills for implementing FPIC, and to support the implementation of the FPIC process in 24 target VDF villages to ensure that the project implementation complied with FPIC requirements.
- Study/review the available CarBi II project documents, CarBi II _ESMF report and FPIC guidelines, and conduct a comprehensive review of the current and planned project activity implementation and document relevant information/data required for the application of FPIC in line with the guidelines.
- Cooperate with project team (including Communications unit) to prepare materials, documents/information packages to be used in the consultation meetings/trainings/workshops for CarBi II staff, key government partners and communities.
- Develop the training/workshop program for project and relevant government staff based on the CarBi FPIC guidelines and implementation steps.
- Equip participants (CarBi II staff, key government partners and communities) with sufficient knowledge and skills of FPIC implementation, following the FPIC guidelines.
- Develop FPIC capacity building and implementation work plan and faciliate FPIC field work implementation in 24 target VDF villages of CarBi II in Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam provinces.
- Based on the comprehensive review of the current and planned project activity implementation, document the relevant information/data required for the application of FPIC in line with the guidelines.
- Package of materials/documents/information to be used in the training/workshops with CarBi II staff, key government partners and communities.
- Develop and provide the training/workshop on the implementation of FPIC in accordance with the CarBi FPIC guidelines and steps as indicated under Scope of Work.
- Take lessons learnt from the FPIC work in the first 6 FPIC pilots to improve and prepare a detailed FPIC implementation work plan, including field work implementation, consultative workshops and training
- Draft FPIC result reports for the 24 target VDF villages of CarBi II.
- Final report on all the Outputs.
To apply for this consultant work, please send your CV, cover letter and proposal (consultant fee including PIT per day) to email@example.com
in copy by 21th Jul 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.